From Kiel to the World
- Become a fan of Kieler Woche Sailing on Facebook
- Lots of news and pictures on facebook.com/KielerWocheSailing - mostly in English: This page focusses on regattas and sports.
470 Junior World Championship: "We love to fight“
A protest in the evening brings excitement to the men’s fleet. The Spanish womens crew will start starting as title favourites in the Super Sunday Medal Race.
A wave of early starts cuts the number of title contenders
Day three of the European Championship of the J/70 seems to have had a big effect on the points table.
Unbeatable? 49er World Champs Burling and Tuke clinch Kieler Woche title with day to spare
World champions Peter Burling and Blair Tuke have won the 49er Class at Kieler Woche without needing to sail Super Sunday’s medal race. So the Kiwi pair will go to the Rio Olympic regatta in 40 days time, with their amazing record intact.
470 Junior Worlds: Don’t get stressed!
Winkel/Cipra are stepping back from the lead / Israeli men crew and women crews are picking up
J/70 Europeans: Mediterranean teams show the secrets of fast trimming
It was a late one on the race area for the J/70s on their second day of the European Championship at the Kiel Week
There is even more...
- You can find the complete event database here (in German)
- The first Kieler Woche was held in 1882. Celebrate with us its 134th anniversary.
- Ringing a ship’s bell (three double rings and one single ring), will be the start of the traditional opening ceremony of Kieler Woche on the Town Hall Stage at 7:30 pm on Saturday 18 June, 2016.
- More than three million visitors from all over the world will be diving into the colourful and multi-facetted life of Kieler Woche.