Kieler Woche Sailing
Four British victories - 3.8 million visitors in Kiel
The Kieler Woche did celebrate the finish of its 133. edition with brilliant weather with sunshine and wind, making a great week even better in the end.
Perfect sailing day in Kiel
The Kieler Woche is heading towards its final on Sunday, and the crews had a tough sailing program today to bring themselves into position for the race for the podium places.
Kieler Woche: 50 races were sailed by 16 classes
The first day for the sailing competitions for the international classes at the Kieler Woche was very different to what sailors and race organisers would have expected.
Vadlau/Orga a class of its own - bad luck for Mihelic - Kroeger full of happiness
The Germans played their trump cards. At the end of the races for the Olympic and Paralympic classes, the German top teams did defend their top positions.
Tina Mihelic and Fantela / Marenic are making their way
After three days of racing, the race directors of the Olympic classes can relax a little at the Kieler Woche. Although the weather forecast in the past days was not very promising, almost all races were sailed.
Good to know
- Kieler Woche is promoting the Olympics
- Sailing sports' fireworks - variety even ashore: Kieler Woche.TV and live analysis. Kiel will be promoting Germany’s application for the Olympics 2024 as Hamburg’s partner for hosting the sailing competitions.
- A 7-blocking can impede arrival
- Because a bridge over the A 7 will be demolished in Hamburg-Schnelsen, a section of the motorway on the first weekend of Kieler Woche will be blocked completely by 10pm at 19th June until 5am on Monday morning 22nd June.
- Stay in touch with the worlds biggest sailing event! This Facebook page is focused on Kieler Woche regattas.